Saturday, August 18, 2012

238. Blessed Savior, Come to Me

 1.  Blessed Savior, come to me,
Stir my soul to motion,
And impel me mightily
To a deep devotion.
That I may,
Day by day,
Most sincerely love Thee,
And naught else above Thee.

2.  Gather my distracted thought,
Faithful Shepherd, ever;
For without Thee I have naught,
But much anguish ever; -
Only fear
Reigneth here;
Thou canst give, for sadness,
Life and rest and gladness!

3.  From the world grant me release,
Wholly separate me;
Keep me ever in Thy peace;
Fully consecrate me!
Pure and mild,
As a child,
Let me Thee be seeing,
In Thee, have my being.

4.  God with us, Immanuel,
Thou, my Friend appointed,
Fount of Love, now may my soul
Be by Thee anointed,
That my will,
Calm and still,
Without opposition,
Give Thee full submission.

5.  Mortals that here trouble me,
O do not come near me!
Jesus, I shall silent be,
That I may but hear Thee;
Grant me rest,
True and blest,
Work in me Thy pleasure
In the fullest measure.

6.  What is fickle, make Thou, true;
Bend the pride within me;
When perplexed, with peace endue;
Break the hardness in me;
That in me
men may see
Naught in my behavior,
But Thy love, O Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment