Saturday, August 18, 2012

240. Gentle Lamb and Prince of Peace

 1.  Gentle Lamb and Prince of Peace!
My heart's longing doth not cease,
So I pray;
Shepherd, may
Thou make strong my heart that I go not astray!

2.  Grant that I, for love of Thee,
Child-like and obedient be,
That I may
Day by day
Love Thee only, ever in Thy service stay!

3.  With a gentle spirit bless
That is full of kindliness,
That in me
It may be
The adornment, precious, and of worth to Thee.

4.  Grant that I with bravery
Thee to love may ready be,
When distress
Would oppress,
That I may in humble strength Thy name confess.

5.  Keep me undefiled, O Lord,
Ever watchfully on guard;
May I flee
Unto Thee
And where'er Thou goest follow joyfully.

6.  Lamb who won the victory,
Do Thou grant this grace to me,
That I may,
Now, alway,
Strengthened by Thy blood be victor day by day.

7.  May Thy guiding hand not fail
When I walk through death's dark vale.
Thou God lead,
Then indeed
Strengthen, keep me in that final hour of need!

8.  When on Zion Thou shalt stand,
May I be on Thy right hand,
Free from pain,
Without stain,
Where Thou as my Light, O Lamb, shalt ever reign!

No comments:

Post a Comment