Tuesday, May 3, 2011

209. Ah, Now It Is Done! I No More Am Mine Own

1. Ah, now it is done! - I no more am mine own;
Henceforth I belong to my Savior alone!
He made me and bought me that His I might be;
With Spirit and fire He hath baptized me.

2. Ah, now it is done! - No more freedom have I,
Because in Immanuel's bondage I lie.
What freedom? Before I as captive did pine,
The world's slave and Satan's - now Jesus is mine!

3. Ah, now it is done! - With true freedom endued,
From sin and guilt I am redeemed and renewed!
The spirit of evil doth govern mankind, -
In Christ the believers their liberty find.

4. Ah, now it is done! - False desires must flee!
My heart shall a temple of holiness be
For Thee, Holy Spirit, - O heavenly Guest!
Instead of a burden, Thou givest me rest.

5. Ah, now it is done! - And in Christ I abide,
My Portion in heaven, on earth my true Guide;
I follow His leading, in weal and in woe;
Content, where He takes me, I willingly go.

6. Ah, now it is done! - What a covenant blest!
I hallow to Jesus all that I love best.
As He may ordain, I keep silence or speak,
In prayer and in worship God's glory I seek.

7. Ah, now it is done! - Now I live unto Thee,
My Light and my Life, oh, abide Thou with me!
To follow Thee ever shall be my sole aim
Through shade or through sunshine, through honor or shame.

8. Ah, now it is done! - Now I fear not to die -
For death hath no terrors when Jesus is nigh.
The body from pain and from labor hath rest,
The spirit soars up to the home of the blest.

9. Ah, now it is done! - Though yet much I may lack,
For often I stumble and often fall back;
I do not lose heart, for my Savior is kind,
In Him I shall conquer, - that comforts my mind.

10. Ah, now it is done! - Now with Thee, Lord, I stand,
Commending my all into Thy mighty hand;
I live to Thee, die to Thee, true to Thee stay;
Yea, Thine I am, Jesus, forever and aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment