Wednesday, May 25, 2011

221. Now I Have Found the One Foundation

1. Now I have found the one foundation
That my faith's anchor firmly grounds;
Laid long before the world's creation
In my Redeemer's holy wounds;
The one foundation that shall stay
When earth and heaven pass away;
When earth and heaven pass away.

2. O depth of mercy, thus revealing
How in Christ's death sins disappear!
In Him all wounds find perfect healing,
There is no condemnation here;
For Jesus' blood through earth and sky
Doth ever "Mercy! Mercy!" cry;
Doth ever "Mercy! Mercy!" cry.


3. My faith will fully trust this crying,
From this foundation never part,
And when o'er all my sins I'm sighing,
Straightway I'll seek the Father's heart;
There mercy ever dwells for me,
Mercy enduring endlessly;
Mercy enduring endlessly.

4. Whenever I, in looking over
The finest deeds my days provide,
Much imperfection must discover,
All boasting then is set aside;
Yet this my comfort e'er shall be;
The Lord is merciful to me!
The Lord is merciful to me!

5. Be it with me then as He willeth
Whose mercy is so great and free!
As long as He my poor heart stilleth
This truth shall not forgotten be!
For it shall rest in weal and woe,
On mercy while I live below;
On mercy while I live below.

6. On this foundation shall I ever,
Long as I live on earth, abide;
In thought and action and endeavor,
My hope shall rest on naught beside;
And then forever, face to face,
I'll praise the depth of saving grace!
I'll praise the depth of saving grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment