Wednesday, May 25, 2011

222. O Holy, Heavenly Hour

1. O holy, heavenly hour,..
When, by the Father's power,
Christ's blood made me His own!
There He blest me forever,
From Satan's realm did sever,
When to baptism.. I went down.

2. Here, in the Lord's good pleasure,
Was giv'n to me this treasure –
God's grace in Christ His Son,
That I might be receiving
The covenant of His giving;
His righteousness I there put on.

3. Thus in the flock I surely
Found place and was cleansed purely
From sin through Jesus' blood,
Who is my Lord forever;
Now have I comfort ever:
O praise the Lord, for He is good!

4. I have espoused the Savior
And now am numbered ever
With faithful Israel,
Who have this firm foundation,
Our Savior's death and Passion;
Upon this Rock secure I dwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment