Wednesday, May 25, 2011

220. To Me Free Grace Has Been Accorded

1. To me free grace has been accorded,
O Lord, though I deserved it not.
My prideful heart it not regarded,
This grace, surpassing human thought.
Now I know this and joy is mine;
My glory is Thy grace divine!
My glory is Thy grace divine!

2. Thy wrath is what I ought inherit;
Yet here I stand in grace with Thee;
At one with Thee by Jesus' merit,
His precious blood hath cleansed me.
Whence cometh this? How was it done?
By Thy free grace, O Lord, alone;
By Thy free grace, O Lord, alone.

3. To Thee, my God, I must confess it;
I praise it when men question me;
No word but mercy can express it,
Of that my heart must witness be.
I humbly bow, for joy is mine;
My glory is Thy grace divine,
My glory is Thy grace divine.

4. No one can steal this grace unbounded;
Grace is my glory day by day.
On grace alone my faith is founded,
Upon this grace alone I pray;
Upon this grace I all endure;
On it in death my hope is sure,
On it in death my hope is sure.

5. This grace, my God, is Thy best treasure,
Do Thou withhold it not from me;
May it, in dying, be my pleasure,
Lead me through Jesus' death to Thee.
There shall unending joy be mine,
My glory be Thy grace divine,
My glory be Thy grace divine.

6. Let mercy and compassion reach me,
For all my brethren sorely tried;
To love my foe, O Jesus, teach me,
For Thou in love of such hast died.
Thy blood for sinners intercedes;
"Free grace, free grace for all!" it pleads,
"Free grace, free grace for all!" it pleads.

No comments:

Post a Comment