Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10. Holy God, Behold, My Heart Is Turning

1. Holy God, behold, my heart is turning
Unto Thee to find its rest;
For it is my spirit’s ardent yearning
In Thy covenant to be blest.
Lo, I pledge myself through every trial,
With Thy help, to practice self-denial,
As Thy servant, in all ill,
To obey Thy Word and will.

2. To my neighbor I’ll rejoice in speaking
Of Thy Gospel, Savior dear;
Warning all who grace are not yet seeking,
That Thy wrath is drawing near;
I will tell how through baptism I’ve risen
With my Savior from the grave’s dread prison,
That I’ve died to all the earth,
Live for things of heavenly worth.

3. Praise be Thine! My new birth by the Spirit
Adds me to Thy Church, O Lord;
All who put their trust in Thy rich merit
Here must suffer for Thy Word.
But, O Lord, as Thou my days doth lengthen,
When I suffer, do Thou help and strengthen:
May I serve Thee, Lord, alone, -
Thou, my savior, I Thine own!

No comments:

Post a Comment