Wednesday, October 27, 2010

23. Holiest, Holiest

1. Holiest, Holiest,
Glorious Immanuel!
Faith’s true Author and Beginner,
O do Thou illume my soul
With the grace that saves the sinner
And within him forms God’s image there,
Bright and fair, Bright and fair.

2. Now immersed, Now immersed
In the water and the blood,
And thus with the Savior buried,
Freed from power of the foe,
I through death to life am carried;
Rising to new life, the highest good,
From the flood, From the flood.

3. Born again, Born again,
Resurrected with the Lord:
Now have I been liberated,
- Freed from all the world’s dread horde,
From the darkness I have hated,
From the bondage of self-pride and sin,
- Joy is mine! Joy is mine!

4. Life divine, Life divine,
Fire and Spirit giveth power,
Maketh me a new creation;
Godly life is mine each hour,
Christ, my dress in this new station;
He performs His holy work always
- Night and day, Night and day.

5. With new joy, With new joy
Thou dost make my spirit glad,
For to life I am elected;
On I strive till I stall see
Christ by whom I’ve been selected,
- To Him I will cling to my last breath
- Unto death, Unto death.

No comments:

Post a Comment