Wednesday, October 27, 2010

25. We Worship Thee With Tears of Gladness

1. We worship Thee with tears of gladness
For Thy great love, Lord Jesus Christ,
Who, to redeem us from sin’s sadness,
Upon the cross wast sacrificed.
Our thankful praises now are brought,
For all that Thou for us hast wrought.

2. Thy bread, O Lord, I now am breaking;
I drink Thy testamental wine;
With all my brethren I am taking
The pledge to be forever Thine.
Accept this promise, Lord today;
Give grace to persevere, I pray.

3. Thou hast the will and power to strengthen,
For Thou hast loved me unto death.
As long as Thou my days wilt lengthen,
I’ll trust in Thee with every breath.
O dearest Lord, to Thee I call;
Thou truly art my all in all.

4. Still closer unto Thee unite me,
As with the Father one Thou art;
To be Thine own Thou didst invite me,
And Thine I am with all my heart.
This is my constant goal and aim;
My bosom as Thy dwelling claim!

5. And ye, the Church’s members, truly
Are folded in my heart’s embrace!
In Christ ye are my brethren duly;
We share salvation through His grace.
We drink one cup, we break one bread,
One Savior suffered in our stead.

6. As here, in Jesus’ name invited,
His people meet to share His love,
Se shall the ransomed be united,
A mighty throng in heaven above,
To praise Him there before the throne,
Our Lord the Savior, Christ the Son.

7. Nor shall the scorn of those who hate me,
Nor joy nor earthly vanity,
From Thy dear love e’er separate me;
In death it shall my stronghold be;
Thou art and ever wilt be mine,
And I, forever, Savior, Thine!

No comments:

Post a Comment