Wednesday, October 27, 2010

6. Jesus! My Life, My Fond Hope

1. Jesus! My life, my fond hope, my true faith, my endeavor,
All that adorns and that pleases a Christian forever, -
Set Thou my heart,
O World-Redeemer, apart,
That it may honor Thee ever!

2. Dearly Beloved, in Thee I am truly believing;
All that I am and have fully to Thee I am giving;
Let me be Thine,
no greater gain could be mine,
Ever to Thee to be living.

3. One thing is needful, may it be enduring, dear Savior:
Peace of the soul; may the vain things of earth prosper never.
Let it not cease,
Jesus, for Thou are that peace
– Yesterday, now, and forever!

4. Ruler of Life! O now rule in my heart and endeavor,
That all my life may be holy and God-pleasing ever;
Thy Spirit give,
that to Thy glory I live
Here and in heaven forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment