Thursday, December 8, 2011

228. Jesus Will I Never Leave

1. Jesus will I never leave,
For He gave Himself to save me;
Let me gladly to Him give
As His own the life He gave me.
He to life doth light accord;
Never will I leave my Lord.

2. Heav’nly glory nor earth's might
Crave I, not what once beguiled me;
But my Jesus and his Light,
Who to God hath reconciled me;
Judgment doth no fear afford:
Never will I leave my Lord!

3. Never will I leave my Lord;
Oh, what precious gifts from heaven,
Joy and rest He doth accord,
All by Him are freely given;
All that gives life from above,
Have I, since I share His love.

4. He is mine and His I am,
Love hath wrought a union holy;
By His blood and death the Lamb
Now is my salvation solely:
On this Rock I build secure,
Full of hope that will endure.

5. When the heart would seek the Lord
To enfold - O blesséd hour!
And how great is the reward:
Grace and peace to share with power;
And one glance that for Him yearns
With a thousand joys returns.

6. Jesus I will never leave;
But shall walk beside Him ever;
Of life's fountain shall He give
That I may be His forever;
Blest the heart that speaks this word:
"Never will I leave my Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment