Saturday, December 10, 2011

234. The Lord Who All Things Guideth

1. The Lord who all things guideth,
And for us well provideth,
Whose very name is Love;
Who His love ever proveth;
To whom alone behooveth
To help us ever from above.

2. He doth us children gather,
For God is now our Father,
Through Jesus Christ our Lord;
Hears He His children crying,
Naught will He be denying, -
All that is good He will accord.

3. If faith oft show some weakness,
Be like a dove in meekness, -
All He is quick to see;
He always will be near me,
As Father He will hear me
Whenever unto Him I flee.

4. "O Father," oft I'm pleading,
"Where else shall I be fleeing,
O Counselor divine?
When trials would rush o'er me
I come then to implore Thee,
Thou know'st I am a child of Thine!"

5. "Would'st be my Father ever,
Naught shall our union sever,
For aid I look to Thee.
O do Thou blessing send me,
And let Thy strength attend me,"
I sigh: "O Father, help Thou me."

6. As Jacob in his wrestling
Besought Thee for a blessing,
Ere he would let Thee part,
So I embrace Thee ever,
Thou canst forsake me never,
For tender is Thy Father-heart!

7. Ye cares, no longer tarry!
No gentleness you carry,
For you are stern and hard,
Go now unto the Father;
He is my Counselor rather -
Arise, my soul, unto Thy Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment