Thursday, December 8, 2011

231. Not For Earth and Not For Heaven

1. Not for earth and not for heaven
Do I ask, but Christ alone;
Oh, that He to me were given,
Whom above all else I'd own;
For with Him as my heart's treasure,
Naught can give me greater pleasure,
For my Savior, Christ, shall be
Ever All in All to me!

2. Though my flesh and heart oft faileth
When affliction presseth me,
Yet my spirit still prevaileth,
For Christ's love refresheth me;
He is in all fear and sadness
My true Comfort and my Gladness,
Yea, my Savior, Christ, shall be
Ever All in All to me!

3. He in weakness is my Power,
He in darkness is my Light,
If I serve Him but an hour,..
It is only through His might.
Good for which my heart hath panted
That to me in Him is granted;
O the Joy that Christ shall be
Ever All in All to me!

4. O what blessing he receiveth
Who here loveth Christ alone,
And who thoughtfully perceiveth
What Christ granteth as His own.
Truly perfect gifts from heaven
Are alone through Jesus given;
Therefore, Jesus Christ shall be
Ever All in all to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment