Friday, December 9, 2011

232. O How I Long to Love My Lord With Fervor

1. O how I long to love my Lord with fervor
And not so oft and much to grieve the Savior;
My heart is often saddened with contrition
For my condition.

2. How shall I start? O dearest Savior, teach me
To love Thee deeply, purely, I beseech Thee;
For this bestows upon my heart much anguish,
Wherein I languish.

3. Thou hast from heaven's throne to earth descended,
To bear our sins and burdens that offended;
For us, Thy foes. O Lord, Thou chosest dying,
New life supplying.

4. Should Thy great work to praises not compel me?
O may Thy love to witness oft impel me:
Thou art my God, who saved me from the devil
And from all evil!

5. Implant Thy love deep in my soul forever!
O may it be for me like as a river
That flows in praise to Thee e'er fresh and vernal
To life eternal!

6. One day shall faith and hope for us be ended;
But we shall enter in, by love attended,
Thy City fair, Jerusalem in glory,
And there adore Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment