Saturday, February 19, 2011

177. I Place Myself In Jesus’ Hands

1. I place myself in Jesus’ hands
And there I’d stay forever;
Nor grief, nor joy shall loose these bands,
Nor this our union sever!
Were all the world
To chaos hurled, -
Who holds to Him, by Him is held,
Is kept securely ever.

2. A Rock and Refuge is the Lord,
And all shall see and wonder,
Who build upon His faithful Word,
And trusting, thereon ponder.
To what He saith,
In life and death,
My heart shall hold with steadfast faith,
Though earth be rent asunder.

3. However He may deal with me,
Whate’er He wills shall please me;
By faith His will my will shall be,
I hope that He will bless me;
Whatever He
May do shall be
The very best there is for me;
His care will e’er possess me.

4. In midst of life’s most trying woes,
I joy in His care ever;
I know whatever ways He goes
They’re wondrous ways forever.
What ill may seem,
He well doth mean,
My foe He nevermore hath been,
In love He chastens ever!

5. And thus my faith secure shall stand
Upon His promise ever;
No one shall me from His strong hand
Now or hereafter severe.
For what He spake,
He will not brake!
He is my Trust that naught shall shake, -
His Name I’ll praise forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment