Saturday, February 19, 2011

180. O Fatherhand, That Hath My Path Directed

1. O Father-hand that hath my path directed;
O Father-eye, that watcheth faithfully;
O Father-heart, by my poor prayer affected,
That with an endless love hath thought of me!
O Father, wilt Thou truly lead me ever
That I the narrow way to heaven may go,
Preparing me to live with Thee forever,
Be it in love or pain, through weal or woe.

2. O my Redeemer, who for me didst merit
With God a ransom by Thy precious blood;
That I complete forgiveness could inherit
And rest and peace with God, that priceless good;
Wilt Thou now loose the bondage of all evil
And day by day more fully make me free;
Against all craft and power of the Devil,
The Hero strong - through whom I conquer - be!

3. O Holy Ghost, who me with gentle power
Dost guide and comfort, teaching me to pray;
Thou who on me the peace of God dost shower,
Faith, hope and charity from day to day:
O rule within me, on my soul impressing
The seal of holy kinship, Lord, with Thee;
O fill my heart with stillness and with blessing,
And let it e’er Thy holy temple be!

No comments:

Post a Comment