Saturday, February 19, 2011

196. Care Will I Not Borrow

1. Care will I not borrow!
Know I if tomorrow
I shall still be here?
He who thus far led me,
Daily clothed and fed me,
He is ever near.
If each day
He leads the way, -
Be it hidden by the morrow, -
Why should I care borrow?

2. I’ll not be repining!
If no sun is shining,
Shall I then despair?
If the heart is calling
And the tears are falling,
God regards my prayer!
Let not me
Impatient be;
Help in need He is designing!
Should I be repining?

3. I would do no choosing!
Ah, I might be losing
In my self-conceit!
Weak my understanding,
And mine own commanding
Leads but to defeat.
Willfulness
Can never bless;
Though His plan He may be veiling, -
God is never-failing.

4. I trust God’s decreeing!
Faith will lead to seeing,
Hope will stay the heart.
Though the skies be dreary,
God’s love is not weary,
Love can heal each smart.
Though great woes
His love bestows,
I shall not in hours of trial
Show Him base denial.

5. Though I seem forsaken,
Though I have mistaken
What the Father will;
Yet whene’er He proves me,
Truly it behooves me
To be meek and still.
In His sight
He doeth right; -
Every earthly tribulation
Tends to my salvation.

6. Though strife be ordainéd
For me, thus is gainéd
Lasting peace, I know;
And death’s mighty Victor,
My Divine Protector,
Leads the way I go.
World and all
Before Thee fall!
All are victors who obeyed Thee;
Thou wilt also aid me!

No comments:

Post a Comment