Tuesday, February 22, 2011

201. O Jesus Christ, My Lord

1. O Jesus Christ, my Lord,
What grace did me accord
The right to be
Numbered among Thy band,
Amid Thy saints to stand,
Redeemed, at Thy right hand,
Eternally! Eternally!

2. Such lovingkindnesses
As Thine by far surpass
My highest thought;
The grace so full and free,
Thy counsel offers me,
Enduring endlessly,
My good hath wrought!
My good hath wrought!

3. Christ died, man's ransom paid,
And in the grave was laid:
Death came to me.
Thou cam'st to me, and then
Didst waken me again;
I fear no death, Amen –
All praise to Thee!
All praise to Thee!

4. Thy Son is Head of all,
Who heard, by faith, His call, -
Many - yet one!
I, though of sinful race,
In this good year of grace,
Have also found a place
Among His own!
Among His own!

5. Thanks to Thy grace so free,
I am in high degree
A proof of love;
The power was in thy hand
Alone to break my band
And draw me from this land
To Thee above,
To Thee above!

6. Therefore Thy holy Name
I shall on earth proclaim,
Thy grace commend;
Then in the choir on high,
With angels in the sky,
Thy praise I'll magnify
World without end,
World without end!

No comments:

Post a Comment