Tuesday, February 22, 2011

202. O Fount of Love, Mine Own

1. O Fount of love, mine own
Bleeding and Dying One,
Savior above!
O my Immanuel,
Thou true, lifegiving Well,
Now let me fully dwell
Within Thy love!
Within Thy love!

2. O Jesus Christ, my Lord,
Thou loving, living Word,
God's Lamb for me!
Thou paid'st what I did owe,
When in Thy love's deep glow,
Thy blood for me did flow
Upon the tree;
Upon the tree.

3. God's perfect righteousness
Is now my glorious dress
Before Thy throne.
Thou, freeing me from sin,
Dost now restore again
Thine image true within,
Thou Holy One!
Thou Holy One!

4. Who now condemneth me
At once despiseth Thee,
My blessed Lord!
For I long since am dead,
And Thou my living Head,
Dost dwell in me instead,
O mighty Word!
O mighty Word!

5. O my Immanuel!
Though Satan cast his spell
And threaten harm, -
Yet I shall have no fear,
Though conflicts be severe,
For Thou art ever near
With Thy strong arm!
With Thy strong arm!

6. Thou art my Light and Power,
My Joy and Life each hour,
Redeemer blest!
While pilgrim here I be,
I lift mine eyes to Thee,
My faith's security,
My soul's true Rest!
My soul's true Rest!

7. Faith's language this shall be,
Through all adversity:
Faithful is God!
In Christ, His Only Son,
He dearly loved each one,
Chose them to be His own,
Ere man earth trod,
Ere man earth trod.

8. Worship and laud and praise
In strength and clarity,
O Lord, to Thee!
Now feeble, verily;
One day Thy praise shall be
Unclouded, pure and free,
Eternally!
Eternally!

No comments:

Post a Comment