Saturday, February 19, 2011

197. Jesus, Thou Art Mine Forever

1. Jesus, Thou are mine forever;
No one is so fair as Thou!
I cannot keep silence ever,
I must love for Thee avow:
Love that asketh all of me,
Love that knows no one but Thee,
Love that me to Thee is binding,
In Thee only rest is finding!

2. In this life on thing is needful:
Thy good will, Lord, I must gain.
I of this alone am heedful,
That my heart may Thee retain.
Who in truth doth Thee possess
Need not fear in storm and stress,
He can sing Thy praise sincerely,
Though the foe may rage severely.

3. Thou art mine when ills distress me,
I in Thee may comfort take;
Even though men would destroy me,
Naught my faith in Thee can shake.
Thou art mine, I am content!
And Thy love’s encouragement
Draws me from earth’s futile pleasure
Unto Thee, my highest Treasure.

4. Draw me, as Thou wilt, O Savior;
Give to me Thy holy mind!
Then my heart shall rest forever,
All my troubles left behind;
For the sufferings of this time
Measure not the joy sublime
That in heaven shall be given
To those who here well have striven.

5. All this world, its empty pleasures, -
These no longer have my love;
They who hold them as their treasures
Void are of the wealth above,
That they who Thine own would be,
Dearest Jesus, find in Thee;
And with those their stand have taken
Who this vain world have forsaken.

6. So my heart is in Thy heaven;
There my spirit too would be;
For this world, by pleasure driven,
But a Babel is to me.
My true homeland is above;
There I’m drawn by bonds of love
Toward Him who love showers o’er me,
And who giveth Himself for me!

7. Jesus, help me then to conquer
World and sin and vanity;
That I may securely anchor
All my hope and trust in Thee!
Let my heart and soul and mind
Ever be to Thee inclined;
Keep me, Savior, from backsliding,
Always in Thy grace confiding.

8. Faithful Thou remainest ever,
Jesus, - Thou today art true!
Sweet Thy love in sorrow, Savior;
Every morning it is new;
And, dear Lord, at eventide
I still find Thee at my side,
So That I may freely tell Thee
Of the troubles that befell me.

9. Deep upon my heart, O Savior,
Thy love’s image now impress;
Strengthen me in my behavior
And In constant watchfulness;
Do Thou turn my heart to Thee
And my tongue direct for me;
Let it only tell the story
Of Thy honor, praise, and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment