Thursday, November 18, 2010

102. My Faith Gives Peace and Rest to Me

1. My faith gives peace and rest to me
And leads me heavenward to Thee,
O Christ, my faith’s foundation!
O grant to me true constancy,
That naught may take away from me
This heavenly consolation!
Impress Thou deeply on my soul
What depth of grace can make me whole!

2. To all who here believe on Thee,
A right to Thy eternity,
Lord, by Thy death hast offered.
No more am I but dust and breath,
No more a prey to second death;
Thou, too, for me hast suffered!
To me, thus cleansed from every stain,
This body’s death shall be but gain.

3. I do believe, O praise the Lord!
The truth and mercy in His Word
Have not in vain been given.
His Word hath wrought my sanctity;
His grace hath brought new life to me,
Made me an heir of heaven.
In me His Spirit operates
And the new man in me creates.

4. O Father, thanks and praise to Thee
For faith and hope and charity
Taught by Thy Gospel story!
Should I not seek – while here to live –
And practice all that here may give
A foretaste of Thy glory?
Impress Thou deeply on my soul
What depth of grace has made me whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment