Saturday, November 13, 2010

75. O Lord of Mercy, Pure and Holy

1. O Lord of mercy, pure and holy,
Of love no one can estimate!
With many others, poor and lowly,
And with a children’s army great,
I thank Thee for Thy grace in Christ
That ere creation did exist.

2. For all the wonders of salvation
And Thine atonement for all sin;
For Thy sweet Gospel’s proclamation,
That calls us, every heart to win;
Yea, for the grace its power to share,
My heart will thank Thee here and there.

3. Yea, for Thy Holy Spirit’s guiding
Into the truth that life doth give, -
For it is but Thy might abiding
That works the pow’r in Thee to live, -
And for my strengthening, O Lord,
Renewed, my mind would thanks record.

4. Thanks for Thy promise truly spoken,
That grace endures eternally;
Though mountains crumble, rocks be broken,
Thy covenant yet true shall be;
Yea, thou the earth and heavens fail,
God shall abide, His truth prevail.

5. My heart and tongue shall praise Thee ever!
Yet heart and tongue do beg of Thee;
Let faith within me never waver,
But may it firm and constant be;
O keep me in Thy truth while here,
That to the end I persevere.

6. Lord, let me live in love to please Thee,
Blameless to walk before Thy face!
Assure me that no ill will seize me
And draw me from Thy love and grace;
Because my Savior lives in me,
Let me in love live unto Thee.

7. Whatever trails may await me, -
All that the world and hell include, -
Shall from Thy love not separate me,
Which I possess through Jesus’ blood!
I trust Thy faithfulness alone
To number me among Thine own!

No comments:

Post a Comment