Tuesday, November 16, 2010

87. “The Lord,” My Fear Saith

1. “The Lord,” my fear saith,
“Thy needs will deny.”
“Each good thing,” saith faith,
“Will Jesus supply.
To Him all things leaving,
Whate’er may betide,
Though now thou art grieving:
“The Lord will provide!”

2. Away unbelief;
My Savior is near;
His plans for relief
Will shortly appear.
Though here I am writhing
In dust like a worm,
The Lord is providing –
I smile at the storm.

3. The Faithful One will
In future be nigh,
My wants will he fill,
My needs all supply!
Full many a reminder
Of help my life shows:
He could not be kinder,
Who heals all my woes!

4. The way dark may be
That He bids me take,
Yet He lovingly
That way bright will make;
Though cisterns be broken,
Things visible fail,
The Word He hath spoken
Shall ever prevail!

5. So all that I meet
Redounds to my weal,
The bitter turns sweet,
The wounds quickly heal;
Though trials be present,
They will not last long;
And then – O how pleasant, -
A victory song!

6. Why should I complain
Of trial or need,
Of trouble or pain!
Christ teacheth indeed:
To whom He would offer
The kingdom on high,
With Jesus must suffer,
And with Him must die!

7. How bitter the woe
He bore for our sin
That He might bestow
Salvation to men!
His way was far rougher,
Far darker than mine;
He came down to suffer –
Should I then repine?

8. Though trouble’s dark night
Or sorrow assail,
Though foes may affright
And friend’s help may fail,
There’s One who remaineth
Always at our side,
Our faith He sustaineth –
The Lord will provide.

9. How firm is the ground,
Ye saints of the Lord,
That for you is found
In God’s holy Word:
What more can He say –
Than His promise declares?
True faith stands unshaken, -
False faith – it despairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment