Wednesday, November 17, 2010

95. Follow Me, the Lord Is Pleading

1. Follow Me, the Lord is pleading;
Come, I am the Life, the Way!
I’ll provide all you are needing;
Trust in Me, do not delay.
Gladly choose My pathway narrow;
For I bore your sin and sorrow;
One and all, come learn of Me
True and deep humility.

2. I have gone this way before you,
Not in pomp or vanity;
Now display my banner o’er you,
And my true disciples be.
Follow me as my eleven
And become the heirs of heaven;
O forsake the roadway broad;
Follow me, and come to God.

3. Ah, what is this futile yearning
After treasures hearth may hold,
That shall burn at my returning, -
Honor, pleasure, good and gold;
Gut to Me, by whom in heaven
Everlasting life is given,
Only few do firmly cling
And accept me as their King.

4. Lo, with tears I went to summon
Israel, My covenant folk!
Come to Me, your faithful Amen,
And accept my easy yoke.
Ye pretenders, there approaches
Soon the time of sad reproaches;
All who now will not believe
Then their judgment shall receive.

5. What by prophets once was spoken
Shall in very truth befall:

“Sight shall from their eyes be taken
And their minds be dulled withal!”
Woe to all those who would never
Heed the pleading of the savior,
Who in paths of sin abide
And whose hearts are filled with pride!

6. Hearken, therefore, every nation,
To the Savior’s Word today;
He has come to bring salvation,
And would wash your sins away.
O believe when He doth summon,
For His Word is Yea and Amen!
Here and in eternity
All who trust in Him are free.

7. Sing, all ye who are persuaded
By the power of His call!
O be glad, for you are aided
By His hand through dangers all.
Not a sparrow ever falleth
Lest it be that God alloweth;
So rejoice exceedingly,
For His kingdom your shall be.

8. Walk thus, cheering one another,
Little flock, e’en to the end,
If ye see a stumbling brother,
Helpful word and hand extend;
Filled with God’s own mighty fullness,
Follow Christ in holy stillness;
Sing to Him a “Gloria!”
And rejoice, “Hallelujah!”

No comments:

Post a Comment