Thursday, November 11, 2010

56. The Lord Is Coming! He Is Near

1. The Lord is coming! He is near -
We soon shall hear His greeting.
O would that he might now appear!
How glad will be our meeting
When I shall Him in glory see;
O that His day today would be –
For joy I would be weeping!

2. O that before His pow’r divine
The earth and skies were fleeing;
And that we now His very sign
Upon the clouds were seeing
In all His godly majesty!
O how the trumpet sound would be
With His just will agreeing!

3. Lord Jesus, come, I wait for Thee
With all, Thy name revering!
O tarry not, but come to me, -
I joy in Thine appearing!
I would rejoice if even now
I heart Thee saying, ”Come!” and Thou,
To take me home, wert nearing.

4. “Amen, so come,” Thy Bride, by grace,
Doth call Thee, Lord, in greeting;
Until she may behold Thy face
And Thee, in heav’n, be meeting!
“He comes!” the earth and heavens cry;
“Amen! He come!” rings her reply,
A thousand times repeating!

No comments:

Post a Comment