Thursday, November 11, 2010

62. Lord, Give to Me Faith’s Light and Power

1. Lord, give to me faith’s light and power
That men may see its fruit in me;
Make me a branch, Lord, that will flower
By virtue of its strength from Thee.
Thou art my faith’s secure foundation;
The living Vine of my salvation;
My hope and trust in Thee I plant.
In times when trying woes assail me,
O let Thy presence never fail me;
Confirm me in Thy covenant.

2. Let not my hope succumb or languish;
Grant that Thy Cross its anchor be;
May it subdue all fear and anguish, -
Hope finds its all in all in Thee!
The world may trust in empty pleasure,
But I will look to Thee, my Treasure,
Lord Jesus Christ, my Hope, my God.
I will embrace and love Thee ever,
For Thou wilt leave Thy servant never;
Thy love and mercy changeth not.

3. Thy Passion teach my spirit meekness,
My soul unfeigned humility;
Those seeking Thee must come in weakness
For haughty eyes are far from Thee!
Who feels himself as naught before Thee,
In abject meekness doth adore Thee, -
Thou wilt regard his low estate.
Thine image on my soul impressing,
Let me, humility possessing,
Make haste to reach the heavenly gate.

4. If I must tarry here a season,
I live because it pleaseth Thee;
So too, when death shall call, Thy reason
Shall cause my soul content to be.
O let my life in Thee be hidden;
Thy death encourage me when bidden
To leave this vale of misery.
I bow my will to Thine, dear Savior;
Upon this truth I ponder ever:
Naught, naught shall break our unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment