Friday, January 21, 2011

123. All Praise, Lord Jesus Christ, to Thee

1. All praise, Lord Jesus Christ, to Thee,
From death arisen gloriously!
For Thou hast broken death’s strong chain
And hast brought life to light again.

2. Now saved by Thee forevermore,
My soul may well Thy name adore,
For Thou descending from the skies,
For me didst die, for me didst rise.

3. At one I am with God by Thee,
Salvation has been given me,
O Thou who reignest without end
Art both my Savior and my Friend.

4. Who now condemns or judges me
Since I believe and worship Thee!
For Thou dost live and I am Thine,
Eternal blessedness is mine!

5. When Thou shalt come, O Prince of Peace,
And from the grave give me release,
I shall arise from death and stand
In ecstasy at Thy right hand.

6. Before Thy throne and in Thy sight,
Immortal as the angels bright
Forever, evermore to be –
What blessedness shall come to me.

7. Lord Jesus, live in me, I pray;
Help me to live for Thee each day.
O make me constant, firm and true;
Thy image in my heart renew.

8. O risen Lord, Thy power extend
My earthly pilgrimage to end:
A true believer may I be
And live my life alone for Thee.

9. Be Thou my Light, my Portion dear,
My Life and my Salvation here!
And when this life at length shall end,
O may my soul to Thee ascend!

10. I know that my Redeemer lives!
Arise, redeeméd souls, and give
All honor to His majesty!
He lives, He lives eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment