Tuesday, January 25, 2011

163. My God, This Heart I Bring to Thee

1. My God, this heart I bring to Thee
As gift for Thee designed,
Thou dost demand my heart of me;
This I keep well in mind.

2. Thou sayest: “My child, give Me thine heart.”
O wondrous word so clear!
The way to rest it doth impart,
To peace both here and there.

3. Then, O my Savior, do receive
My heart as gift from me,
To me discipleship now give
And I will follow Thee.

4. In Thee wouldst Thou now, Lord, clothe me,
Thine innocency give,
That I, from all transgression free,
Before my God may live.

5. God, Holy Ghost, come Thou and take
And make me one of Thine;
Pour out Thyself, for Jesus’ sake,
Into this heart of mine.

6. Thy light divine pour out in me,
The riches of God’s love;
Drive out gloom, hate, hypocrisy,
Show that Thou dost me move.

7. O give my faith its steadfastness
In Christ, God’s Son, always;
That fearless I His name confess
Whatever foes may say!

8. Grant that in hope I firm may be,
Humbly and patiently;
That when all hath forsaken me
Thy grace my comfort be.

9. Lord, let my heart Thy temple be
The while I sojourn here,
And then through all eternity
Make it Thy dwelling there.

10. I give my heart alone to Thee;
Use it for Thy design!
This vain world’s I would never be,
Dear Lord, but wholly Thine.

11. Hence, world and sin! You do not own
My heart; but it is for
Thee, Jesus, as Thy gift alone:
O keep it evermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment