Tuesday, January 25, 2011

153. Jehovah Is My Shepherd True

1. Jehovah is my Shepherd true,
I lack no good thing ever;
My Guardian hath my best in view,
He erreth, slumbereth never.
On pastures green He me doth lead,
With food – the dews of life – doth feed,
By Spirit of His mercy.

2. To fountains pure He guideth me,
That grant my soul a blessing;
To waters clear He leadeth me,
My feeble heart refreshing.
In righteous paths directeth me,
And on my way protecteth me
For His name’s sake most holy.

3. And though I walk through death’s dark vale
No evil fear I ever;
Thine eye doth keep watch over all,
Thy grace is mine forever.
Thy rod and staff they comfort me,
Thy faithfulness and power shall be
My rest and my dependence.

4. Thou here in presence of my foes,
My table art preparing,
Dost drive away all fear and woes,
Thy richest grace I’m sharing.
With oil Thou dost anount my head,
My cup o’erfloweth, Thou dost lead
My longing soul to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment