Tuesday, January 25, 2011

150. Heart, Why Dost Thou For the Morrow

1. Heart, why dost thou for the morrow,
O’er and o’er –
evermore –
Like a heathen sorrow?
Wherefore art thou daily weeping,
When God will,
Loving still,
Take thee in His keeping?

2. God on thee thy life bestoweth,
Body, soul, -
Now thy all
Thou but to Him oweth:
He in future all is giving;
To Him cleave,
He will leave
None, to Him here living.

3. Wilt thou food have for the morrow?
God indeed
Fills all need,
Care thou need’st not borrow:
Thou on this canst be relying;
Daily bread
Your own God
Richly is supplying.

4. Life is more than earthly eating, -
Oh, much more!
Trust, therefore!
God, His Word completing,
Will give all that here is needful
Unto them
Who of Him
And His will are heedful.

5. Take no thought here for thy clothing;
Christ declares:
“Have no cares,
Thou shalt lack in nothing!
See the lily in its glory,
Standing there
Slender, fair, -
Thus God careth for thee!”

6. Who first for God’s Kingdom striveth,
Righteousness
Would possess
More than all earth giveth;
Truly he, as God ordaineth,
Drink and bread,
To his need
Throughout life obtaineth.

7. Should my faith by God be tested,
All that’s dear
To me here
From my hand be wrested; -
All these things will work together
For my gain,
Even pain
Given by my Father.

8. He is able to be giving
All again;
Doth oardain
His Word for the living:
Lo, how many souls, believing,
Now live so,
Without woe,
Without care and grieving!

9. Cares commit they to their Savior;
To His will
Bowing still,
To His guidance ever;
What God wills is their true pleasure;
He, their Lord,
And His Word,
Their abiding treasure.

10. From them God is naught withholding;
He gives bread
In their need,
All their cries beholding.
He with comfort oft is nighest,
Quickly hears
And appears
When the need is highest.

11. All to Thee, as truly fitting, -
Burdened heart,
Care and smart, -
Lord, I am committing!
Therefore, Lord, do Thou care for me!
I to Thee,
Bend the knee;
Silent, I adore Thee.

12. I will thank Thee, Lord and Savior,
Evermore,
Here and there,
And will never waver.
To Thy Name will I sing praises!
Be my strength,
Help at length,
Amen, dearest Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment