Friday, January 21, 2011

129. O Lord of Hosts, How Lovely

1. O Lord of hosts, how lovely are
The places where now dwells Thy Name, most holy;
Where Thou the hearts hast entered from afar,
And now Thy Holy Spirit reigneth solely!
Blest they who consecrate themselves to Thee
Eternally!

2. O how my soul now longs for Thee,
And for the courts of Thine own sanctuary;
My heart and flesh rejoicing inwardly
In Thee, O Lord, so worthy of all glory.
My joyful heart adores Thy majesty
With thanks to Thee.

3. Yea, mine own soul, once gone astray,
Hath found the rest for which it long was yearning,
E’en as a dove that trembleth in her joy,
E’en as a swallow to her nest returning, -
My soul there dwells, and sheltered is the while
From Satan’s guile.

4. It is Thine alter, Christ, my Lord,
And the redemption through Thy Blood and Passion,
Where now my soul, once straying from Thy Word,
Finds all the rest and comfort of salvation:
Within Thine house my heart to Thee I bring,
O God, my King!

5. O blesséd are all they who dwell
Within Thine house, who praise The now and ever.
O blesséd is the man, he doeth well,
Whose rest Thou art, whose heart is Thine forever;
For he, who Thee as his sure strength doth know,
May safely go.

6. In peace he treads this vale of tears,
Where troubles rise and there is so much sorrow;
There is no need or anguish that he fears;
He trusts in God and faces each tomorrow.
Thou crownest him with blessings, rich, divine.
For he is Thine.

7. Lord God of hosts, now hear our prayer;
Our God our Shield, we daily do implore Thee;
For it belongs, O Lord, unto Thy care
To keep the kingdom of Thy Son before Thee;
When Satan threatens, Thou art Sun and Shield,
To Thee we yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment